Zezette

If you hate the new Netflix Death Note, raise your hand (rant)

ZHNxjOK.gif

i've watch the anime - haven't even read the manga - and i was thoroughly disappointed in the 2017 Americanized netflix death note. heres why:

• grrr grrr grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • a beautiful grade s mindfuck mystery/thriller anime reduced to a tropish, grade b film at the end of the day
  • Light Turner is capable of criticizing his father and his principal, and he questions the authorities of society, but can't stand up to his hot girlfriend when she's clearly crazy. It reeks of character inconsistency. Meanwhile, Lght Yagami was properly unshaken by the gorgeous misa who turned into his imp in blind admiration of his Kira persona. Light Yagami stayed in-character to his god-complex.  He didn't make killing bad people into something exciting to spice up his love life.
  • L figures everything out way too easily. As soon as he saw Light Turner, he stared him in the eye and saw right through him. The real L struggled like a real human being. At one point in the anime, Light Yagami was working alongside L, trying to form a friendly bond with him so he could discover his real name and kill him. L had no clue. He thought Light was just a genius at deduction regarding figuring out who Kira was. He was clueless and slowly slowly figured it all out.
  • The original death note was 37 flipping episodes and condensing that story into an hour and a half is insulting. What's next? GoT abridged: The Movie??? no no gtfo
Edited by Zezette
  • Like 1

Events Attended

@Zezette it was a quality wholesome movie. With great acting.

Me and @ArcaneSaint loved the movie. How could you even dislike it. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 (sarcasm)

Edited by Ether

Events Attended

59 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Zezette it was a quality wholesome movie. With great acting.

Me and @ArcaneSaint loved the movie. How could you even dislike it. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 (sarcasm)

Lol... "wholesome"

One of the main themes of death note is "is it right to take capital punishment into ones own hands, or is killing bad people without a fair trial still infringing on their right to life?" Real wholesome. 

I wish steven spielberg had done this film. It could have been the next shawshank redemption.

Events Attended

I have seen the Netflix version of it, and i didn't like it at all. Although i have never read/seen the manga/anime, still disappointed.

So would you guys suggest i watch the anime? Because i have trouble starting to watch it now, coming from such a disappointment of a movie ...

Events Attended

Just now, JonnyBnator said:

I have seen the Netflix version of it, and i didn't like it at all. Although i have never read/seen the manga/anime, still disappointed.

So would you guys suggest i watch the anime? Because i have trouble starting to watch it now, coming from such a disappointment of a movie ...

Its a psycological thriller anime so yes if you liked psychopass or code geass youll love it.

Additionally its one of the best animes ever made. Warning though, the beginning is a bit slow and is very similar to how the film starts, but after light tests the notebook on the local school shooter, everything is completely different.

Events Attended

yeah I do not like it too much.

Events Attended

any form of  anime adaptation so far is pure cringe and just shit, but eh, maybe someday in the future we'll get actually good movies. Edge of tomorrow was a step in the right direction.

Events Attended

Wanted to kill my self their light was dumb af

Events Attended

I am raising both my hands and legs. After watching this shit, I re watched the anime and felt good again

Events Attended

On 23/10/2017 at 12:56 AM, Crimzon07 said:

Haven't seen it and I hate it

Me2thx, honestly I don't even know why people bother watching anime adaptations, do you really expect it to be good?

Events Attended

I honestly didn’t even give it a chance, I already knew they were going to ruin it and did not want to Scar such a tragedy into my memory.

Events Attended

On 10/22/2017 at 7:51 AM, EnderSpy said:

yeah I do not like it too much.

^

Events Attended

Casting was really good to be fair. Everything else massively sucked though. I was surprised by the guy that plays L, his only other memorable roll is a thug in Donald Glover's Atlanta.

Events Attended

I agree. I watched the whole thing through, and at the end, I was just like wtf... Where is the rest of the story, are they going to do something additional with it? yeah, no... Like you said there were key points of the story missing. Maybe I am drawing a blank here, but did he even get held in a "cell" and watched to make sure that he (Light) wasn't the one controlling it? What about the corporation that if fell to for a brief time? It just does not do the anime justice. 

Oh, and hi @Aralornx  

Events Attended

Well it is an Americanized version of Death Note. So that's enough to not watch it. Should know by now, that anything that is Americanized in live action films/show that relates to an anime, you will know it will not really follow the story at all... Along with horrible actors.

Edited by Nightcast

Events Attended