CoachRaichu

What is the best team comps you guys can think of and why?

So I am just wondering what everyone else thinks and why. Kind of like a survey type thing. 

Events Attended

Personally I used to love watching the old season 5 Maokai/Sivir comps where Maokai would rush a Righteous Glory first item and then TP in with homeguards, pop RG, Sivr would ult and you'd have this lightspeed Maokai travelling halfway across the map to route an enemy with his W. I also enjoyed the same comp but with Hecarim top instead because it was the same thing but with a more damage-based toplaner.

Events Attended

20 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Personally I used to love watching the old season 5 Maokai/Sivir comps where Maokai would rush a Righteous Glory first item and then TP in with homeguards, pop RG, Sivr would ult and you'd have this lightspeed Maokai travelling halfway across the map to route an enemy with his W. I also enjoyed the same comp but with Hecarim top instead because it was the same thing but with a more damage-based toplaner.

So you like the season 5 stampede comps. Lol, They were always fun to watch.

Edited by CoachRaichu

Events Attended

Yeah, mainly because that was the first season I started watching competitive so I saw it a lot in the EU LCS (well, I did watch season 2 Worlds but only because I was new to the game then so wanted to see what high-level play was like). But yeah, stampede comps were my introduction to watching competitive play and I honestly miss that time. It's kinda coming back now with Cho'Gaths and Maokais building RG, but Sivir isn't really meta and Homeguards aren't the same anymore so it's missing that certain je ne sais quoi.

Events Attended

for now it's ardent censor meta as we all know, so I think karma top, ivern jungle , sona mid , Twitch and soraka bot... and if for some reason you lose then you must really have connection issues.

Events Attended

Yasuo Malphite Alistar Kalista zac = wombo combo easy win in soloq

Events Attended

There is so many that would work together. But i would like to see Yasuo, Kayn, Braum, Vayne, and Annie

Events Attended

18 minutes ago, HarryPickles said:

There is so many that would work together. But i would like to see Yasuo, Kayn, Braum, Vayne, and Annie

Why would you like to see that comp? 

On 10/8/2017 at 9:03 AM, Mikuski08 said:

Yasuo Malphite Alistar Kalista zac = wombo combo easy win in soloq

I feel Rakan, works a bit better than that. Another method would be Yasuo, Oriana, Rakan, Zac, Kalista

Events Attended

4 minutes ago, CoachRaichu said:

Why would you like to see that comp? 

I feel Rakan, works a bit better than that. Another method would be Yasuo, Oriana, Rakan, Zac, Kalista

I feel like kayn and braum both have a knock up that could get yasuos ult going and then vayne and annie both have a stun that would help. Vayne is just a nasty ADC and Annie is a nasty mid laner as well. Braums ult knocks them up while kayn has a knock up as well if he goes Darkan so both will get yasuos ult going if he doesn't get his tornado. 

Events Attended

In terms of team comps, you need to consider what that comp should be designed for. Is it competitve level ? If yes then how high is the level ? If no then what should it contain ?

For high elo competitve team comps I would consider one of these for patch 7.18:

Top: Jarvan IV Jungle: Sejuani Mid: Taliyah Adc: Kog'maw Sup: Lulu

Top: Maokai Jungle: Sejuani Mid: Azir Adc: Xayah Sup: Rakan

Top: Shen Jungle: Jarvan IV Mid: Syndra Adc: Caitlyn Support: Janna

They all get you some catch potential and the last one is extremly good for sieging !

Edited by RandomGerman

Bit biased,but a protect the adc comp. Like the good old protect the 5.00 Attack speed Kog Maw comp. It was so beautifull to play

Events Attended

7 hours ago, TheKursume said:

Bit biased,but a protect the adc comp. Like the good old protect the 5.00 Attack speed Kog Maw comp. It was so beautifull to play

I guess that's going to happen again with the new keystone... yay...

I think J4 top, Maokai jg, Orianna mid, MF adc, and Zyra support Just a ton of lockdown and cc. You get J4 to ult a ton of people in an area and then all hell's let loose with a ton of aoe ults.

Events Attended

Yasuo and Malphite in bot 

Events Attended

I personally had succes in a previous team with Riven+Ori combos. Basically, as Riven you take the summoner spell CDR, and you can flash-shockwave-windslash combo to 2v5. Along with those 2 picks we would usually take other disruptors and peelers. Sometimes we would have Gragas jungle, to peel for the adc and to bodyslam into the shockwave combo for more damage. Also a very great adc pick is Twitch, with some insane damage output it can definitely increase the combo power. As support I think Lulu is probably the best choice, but since lulu is banned a lot, we usually took Soraka, but it wasn't really the best pick. Sure, it helped Twitch through the laning phase a little, but I feel like if we had the chance we would probably take Braum. Currently with the ardent censer meta we're lacking an ardent censer in our comp, yet even without it I feel like this teamfight combo can be pretty strong. However, it has its downsides. For one, if Riven doesn't have flash, the combo becomes harder to pull off. Also, you're super reliant on a good ori ult. If ori misses ult, the fight is practically over.

This comp requires some good coordination with your team, and is best suited for teams that are capable of surviving laning phases. If you can extent the game to 28 minutes or higher you can win every single teamfight if the enemy team is lacking good counters.

However, this was Diamond Elo, I'm not sure how Masters or Challengers would react, but counter-engage champions like Janna can mess you up. If Janna has a good reaction timing and can counter Riven's flash with her ult, your combo is dead, so I recommend banning out Gragas (if youre not using him), Janna, and maybe a pick like Syndra (Syndra E can mess you up).

Events Attended

well, I am support main, and for me best team comps are around botlane, so these are my favourites:

• Protect ADC - It's all about your hard carry adc, must have ardent support (lulu op), tanky jungler who can easily peel, midlaner like orianna (can mess up enemy lines with R and is getting well at backline with adc) and last but not least, toplaner can be either like lirelia/fiora, who can do itself pretty good in lane and later on tfs, or supportish, like maokai, nautilus.
  • Kill lane - it's popular, it's mostly about botlane aswell, you can go like yasuo+leona or j4 + leona, in these options, hitting any cc is most likely to end with kill, really easy to snowball
  • Minion spawn push - you pick morde, as adc, and yorick (most likely as toplaner). It's simple, just when your team is ready to take dragon (after everyone have lvl 6), yorick comes botlane and uses his R. Defeating both dragon from mordes R and yorick R is pretty hard to outpush for enemies.

*Disclaimer - all of these are mostly for fun, not recommended for ranked games.

Events Attended

For the current meta, I'd still run ardent censer and have a team that is able to play around it:

Top - Cho

Jungle - Sejuani

Mid - Galio

ADC - Kog' Maw

Support - Lulu

Events Attended

In the current meta, maybe having it sorted like this:

Top - Galio

Jungle - Gragas

Mid - Twisted Fate / Syndra

Adc - Tristana

Sup - Lulu