Abi

Counter play for Troodons?

I enjoy ARK but ever since those bloody troodons started being a thing I get screwed... I'm fine with most things because I can either fight it or run from it! These troodons though keep sneaking up on me then knocking me out though!

I really like their addition though! So far what I try to do is, keep a couple water pouches and a load of stim berries on me... as soon as I realise a troodon is nearby or hit me I scoff and off. Munch a bunch and off in a punch buuuuuuuut this doesn't always work they're pretty damn quick and persistent! Do you guys have any 1337 tic tacs? The number of times I flipping run away from a troodon into something bigger like a carno is unreal though xD

Events Attended

Stay on a mount, and just slap the living shit out of them from ontop. Mounts tend to shrug off torpor because it is so damn high for them.

Events Attended

Early game just try and not venture too far inland at night until you have a good mount

Events Attended

On 9/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, Abi said:

I enjoy ARK but ever since those bloody troodons started being a thing I get screwed... I'm fine with most things because I can either fight it or run from it! These troodons though keep sneaking up on me then knocking me out though!

I really like their addition though! So far what I try to do is, keep a couple water pouches and a load of stim berries on me... as soon as I realise a troodon is nearby or hit me I scoff and off. Munch a bunch and off in a punch buuuuuuuut this doesn't always work they're pretty damn quick and persistent! Do you guys have any 1337 tic tacs? The number of times I flipping run away from a troodon into something bigger like a carno is unreal though xD

there is only one solution to this... ruuuuuun XD

Events Attended

I met them like 2 times since they've been added. really not looking forward running into them hehe

Events Attended

oh man, the first time i met them was on official pvp server when i finally got my first trike. I lost everything, including my sanity. Those orange eyes are the thing of nightmares. The solution isnt to avoid venturing inland at night. The solution is to never set foot on land in the first place. Swimming with megalodons and mesosaurus's is pleasurable by comparison

Events Attended

Can you imagine raiding a base on pvp finally blasting down a hole in the wall to be greeted by one hundred troodons set to aggressive lol that would be too evil.

Ghillie armor gives u some sort of invisibility to dinos to an extent so they would have to get pretty close to agro u

Events Attended

Correct me if I'm wrong but at night they have super vision/sensing so I don't think ghillie is as effective as against other dinos

Events Attended

Well you could also put points into fortitude maybe

Events Attended

i though they wont attack if you're carrying a torch?

Events Attended

I know as I've encountered them early game as well (And I know how much of a pain they are) THe best thing to do early game is just to bola the thing and run.

Events Attended

Always take 12 fortitude - this ensures that one bit from a troodon/titanaboa doesn't knock you out, giving you some sort of chance

Events Attended