Zezette

What are some good singleplayer FPS games that will help me improve my PUBG mechanics?

i could drop into pochinki but even still, its not concentrated enough practice

i have target practice mods for cs:go, but that lacks immersion.

some fps games I already own but haven't played are:

• betrayer
  • bioshock series
  • call of juarez
  • deus ex: mankind evolved
  • dishonored
  • doom
  • half-life
  • just cause 2
  • lichdom battlemage
  • sniper: ghost warrior 2
  • outlast
Edited by Zezette

Events Attended

Osu? Not exactly a FPS but I've heard it improves aim. I still can't aim at all though, not sure how true that is.

Edited by Silicate

Events Attended

SQUAD.  If you don't hit that shot, you're dead.  Mil-sim game.

Events Attended

Not really single player but you could practice on Rust some of the modded servers.

Events Attended

Just play pubg. You could play H1 but if you're going to duo that then just play pubg. 

Don't spend hours playing csgo and winning and then think you are going to do ok in pubg. With csgo I find all you really have to do is have your cross hair aimed at the middle of the map wherever you are and you are going to get headshots. Csgo is almost like playing pool online because of the lining up of crosshair to targets and the simplicity of it. Yea you get a bunch of guns and skins for them but it gets easy after a while and most people are predictable.

I like pubg because there is definitely strategy involved. You can get to the top 10 -15 without killing anyone if you play smart. Then when it gets down to the top 10 play your position right some more and you win.

You can practice your spray control but it really doesn't matter. Most of the time in a fire fight it's all about who saw the other person first and landed the first shot.  Close quarters like in buildings lead with a shotgun or ar/ak on auto mode not single shot, do that and you will win every CQB.

This is hard because pubg ffp is very different to the usual ffp you get in games because of the ways you can modify your experience through scopes/ different game modes and style of play, 

that being said im aware that the closest thing to pubg would be Arma3 - but even this has its problems and linitations.

someone mentioned osu which is great for mouse accuracy training no doubt. 

Stuff like csgo is quite interchangeable skill-wise because spotting view models and making calls are skills that can be developed in csgo.

but as someone has said the best way to practice pubg is to play pubg! Get a dedicated group of people and play as often and consistently as you can! 

Events Attended

On 9/27/2017 at 5:03 AM, Flux said:

but as someone has said the best way to practice pubg is to play pubg! Get a dedicated group of people and play as often and consistently as you can! 

This. I also noticed that dropping hot areas improves your shots. My friend and I got the game at the same time, have the same number of hours played, but he is too scared to drop into hot zones. Now whenever we duo I find myself getting frustrated at him because half the time he's scared of the fight and I'm trying to push into the fight.

Events Attended

Military base or school. Solo Que squad matches. i found that PUBG made me better at most FPS games i play.

Events Attended

13 hours ago, OGxDROPSHOT said:

Solo Que squad matches.

I had a lot of fun doing this. It seems like a 4 man squad has a bigger footprint, so they aren't as stealthy as playing solo vs  other solos.

Events Attended

See the thing is i only spend like 15 seconds in a 30 minute game actually practicing shooting mechanics. I want a game that would help me intensely practice shooti g and developing twitch reflexes.

Im the kind of person that sees the opponent first, but miss the shot and dies for missing.

Events Attended

Insurgency is a really good game. Pretty tough too. Overwatch is awesome too. But what I did to improve my aim was play this game OSU! for a while. If you like anime you'll especially like it. It's a rhythm game where you click the notes are the right time in different songs. You can download like thousands of songs for it, too. Super fun!

Edit: You can play bots on both games that help improve and practice!

ALSO! Another thing that helped me with combat is just solo queue-ing and going straight to school and fighting. You'll die a lot but it's practice!

Edited by Razorback

Events Attended

You should drop school and millitary and just shot people, over and over untill you feel you're mastering your aim :)

Events Attended

On 10/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, DinoTheSniper said:

You should drop school and millitary and just shot people, over and over untill you feel you're mastering your aim :)

Early game scuffles aren't anything like late-game though. These fights are more rng based on who gets to a gun first and wont teach me better medium range m15a4 shots with a 4x scope, for example

Events Attended

I was playing the Battlefront 2 beta and I was doing alright in it and I think it's because of playing PUBG in 3rd person so that may be a good option to try and improve.

Edited by Hiredguns

Events Attended

I was playing these and they help alot with First Person and 3rd Person Shooters
Soldiers of Fortune, Soldiers of Fortune 2 Double Helix, Medal Of Honor Frontline, Medal Of Honor, Call of Duty 1 2 and 3, G.R.A.W Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 3 and 4, Battlefield 1, Battlefield Hardline, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 Old Games, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 New Games, Halo, Gears Of War, and so on. These are pretty good to me for Single Player not just Multiplayer

Also Destiny 1 and 2

• Upvote 1

Events Attended

roblox and minecraft pvp arenas 100%

Events Attended

Zezette rather than try to improve what you are weakest at get better at what you are strongest at. :P Play games that make you better at sneaking like Metal Gear solid. Be the Bush Zezette, be the bush.

200_s.gif

Events Attended

I also have this problem. I think that aiming is huge factor for me.

Events Attended

To be honest, I think if you want to improve your PUBG mechanics, then actually playing PUBG would be the best way. Games like OSU would help with getting better aiming I believe seeing as you need reflex’s, precision and speed to be good at that. I never really played to many pc games before this besides ARK and that didnt really force me to have good aim or anything. As for game sense, only pubg will help you improve that since game sense is different from game to game for the most part.

Events Attended

1 hour ago, TurtleRusher said:

To be honest, I think if you want to improve your PUBG mechanics, then actually playing PUBG would be the best way. Games like OSU would help with getting better aiming I believe seeing as you need reflex’s, precision and speed to be good at that. I never really played to many pc games before this besides ARK and that didnt really force me to have good aim or anything. As for game sense, only pubg will help you improve that since game sense is different from game to game for the most part.

Yeah but its not time efficient you know? And the only way to practice at end game guns is to spend 15-20 running around and looting. Then, the chance that I don't see the enemy first. I just want to practice one subskill of the game (gun aim, flick reflexes) but its difficult to practice time-efficiently in a game with permadeath and slow-paced early game. 

Edited by Zezette

Events Attended

having played PUBG for quite a bit now, I think battlefield is a good game for practising the sniping and general aiming down site, also battlefield 4 has all the same attachments as PUBG and they way you have to use cover is quite similar

Events Attended

escape from tarkov is also a good FPS game will help with aiming. but you can also just drop school in solos fps mode. always has a lot of players drop there and quick combat

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, NuggetMan said:

PUBG should do it like Fornite where the time change from day to night, Sunny to rain/fog, etc...

yea a day/night cycle in game would be great. or weather changes that happen mid game also