Jerathustra

Zuki Loadout

I never play Zuki with the base loadout. Here are my mod and catalyst choices along with my reasons. I'm very curious to hear what loadouts others use.

Mods

Bombard: None (0)

I don't like having no mod on the basic attack, but the other mods I've chose cost too many points. This is actually one of my favorite gameplay rules in AR. I like that the mod system forces these tradeoffs. OTOH I don't like that we have to pay to unlock mods. That makes experimenting with different loadouts much harder. But that's a discussion for another day.

Occasionally I will choose Rocket Fuel here and no mod for Sticky Bomb. I'm still deciding whoch of those two I like better.

Sticky Bomb: Phosphorus Residue (1)

Chosen mostly because it's only one point and I need nine for the next three abilities. The reason I choose this over Rocket Fuel for Bombard is to help with The Big One. I like to use this in hopes of revealing Nix, Celest, etc. so that I can better place my next The Big One. I'm not sure it's been that helpful, however. So if I feel like I'm not hitting with it I'll switch the loadout to no Mod here and I'll put Rocket Fuel on Bombard.

The Big One: Peekaboo (3)

It's so hard to land effectively with The Big One that I hate giving up an action for it. Maybe it's only psychological but I feel more effective if I can launch this and still attack with Bombard. Then I don't feel as bad if I only hit one enemy freelancer. The increased cooldown feels like a fair trade because I'm gaining extra basic attacks in the process.

Rocket Jump: Eat My Dust (3)

The only reason I'm using this is because the tanks have gotten too close and I'm trying to get away. Slowing them as I GTFO makes the dash doubly effective. And it also helps my teammates punish them on the next turn. That's a win-win in my book.

Missile Storm: Enhanced Targeting (3)

Targetting through walls? Sign me up! Positioning for maximum Missile Storm effectiveness is fairly tough. And enemies tend to dash if they know it's coming. With this mod I can hide behind cover, keeping myself safe, and still hit everyone. And occassionally I can trick someone into not dashing because they think I can't target them. The reduced damage is acceptable if I can hit an extra target or two. That's a positive balance.

Catalysts

Prep Phase: Critical Shot

Zuki is all about maximum damage so I eschew Second Wind in favor of the damage bonus. Since I'm rocking the Enhanced Targeting Mod for Missile Storm (target through walls) I can usually up the carnage pretty significantly by adding Might on the turn that I ult.

Dash Phase: Regroup

Zuki is squishy and has long range on her attacks. If I have to teleport it's because the tanks got to close. In that case I want to go as far as possible. Regroup gets me there. And if I'm smart in my positioning I can usually teleport near my Support. Occasionally I get caught in a bad position and the only place I can teleport to is in the middle of a scrum, but that's bad play on my part, not a problem with the Catalyst.

Blast Phase: Probe

I like to use Probe in the beginning of the game so that I can spot Nix/Celeste/Grey/etc. and drop The Big One on them. So far that hasn't worked out well, even though it sounds like a good strategy. Sometimes I'll load Chronosurge instead, hoping to get better results from The Big One or to help me GTFO when I'm in a tight spot. Overall this is my least favorite Catalyst set. I haven't found anything here I'm super excited about.

Skin

Rocketeer. I can't stand either Moonwalker or Freebooter. Zuki has the absolute _worst_ skin line of any freelancer. :-(

Events Attended

Nice guide. Its definalty a build that could work. I'm not the biggest fan off having the ult mod from behind walls it decreases here ult damage by a fair bit. But def worth a shot.

Events Attended

Nice build!

I think that, although eat my dust has it's uses, a lot of times you're in a position to dash in advance, not being able to actually dmg some1 with it. Because of this, Rocket jump is the mod I'm more inclined to give up.

With this, you can upgrade your stick bomb mod to the slowing one (I'm awful with skills and mods names, sorry =P), which would help hitting big one or forcing some dashes/catas, and would let you upgrade her basic skill mod too.

Personally, I like rocket jump with no mods, and primary with the extra splash dmg mod. I also use the range mod for ulti, and the leftover point to slowing mod on stick bombs.

Events Attended

Thanks for the feedback @t0uya! I'll give you build a try next time I play.

Events Attended

@t0uya Is this the loadout you use?

Info from http://atlas-reactor.wikia.com/wiki/Zuki

Bombard: Extra Shrapnel (3) Increases damage to nearby enemies by 4.

Sticky Bomb: Stickiest Bombs (2) When a sticky bomb explodes, the target is slowed.

The Big One: Peekaboo (3) Now a  free action. Increases cooldown by 2.

Rocket Jump: None (0)

Missile Storm: Artillery Barrage (2) Increases range by 2.

I didn't get a chance to play this weekend (too many adult responsibilities) so I haven't had a chance to try your build yet. :-(

Events Attended

@Jerathustra exactly. Info is a bit outdated, tho. Missile Storm increases range by only 1 now.

Events Attended

Yeah, I wasn't at my gaming rig when I wrote that, and all my other computers are Macs. That seemed like the most accurate web page, but I don't remember the details of the mods well enough to have realized it was out of date.

Events Attended

Oh, one more thing, the stickiest bombs mod is more a soloQ thing, since you can't always rely on your teammates to get a proper comp or even correctly create opportunities for big one to hit.

If you're playing with friends, it is totally acceptable to downgrade it for the reveal mod and upgrade Missile Storm to Enchanced Targeting, IMO.

Edited by t0uya
  • Like 1

Events Attended

Unless playing in a combo setup I usually take the same build:

+4 damage to aoe of primary

No mod on sticky

Free big one

Bonus damage on rocket jump

Behind wall ultimate

Catas: second wind, fade, unstoppable

Events Attended