Top 10 Rappers?

24 minutes ago, LukevanKampen said:

Dame XD

Events Attended

I'll admit, Kanye has a few songs I like

Events Attended

14 hours ago, cjlcjl12 said:

I'll admit, Kanye has a few songs I like

Listen to whole My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and tell me that man is not a genius

Events Attended

My list, no particular order;

• MF DOOM
  • BUSDRIVER Kendrick Lamar
  • Kanye
  • Tyler the Creator
  • DMX
  • Jay-Z
  • Snoop Dogg
  • Biggie
  • 2Pac
  • Action Bronston

To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd order them.

Edit; Shit I forgot Kendrick. Busdriver is out, but he gets a honorable mention because of the complexity of his rap schemes.

Edited by Brohamen

Events Attended

@LukevanKampen if you think SSLP and MMLP are only for shock value, you're wrong af

Events Attended

On 17-8-2017 at 0:06 AM, ApeLincoln said:

@RunDeckardRun: You are correct. But that doesn't change the reason for the emergence of Rap as a genre. The same is true for heavy metal. It was a culture that formed as a response to social injustice as well as the hippie cult and the punks. It was at its core an escapist movement. Later on, in the 80s Thrash Metal got big with bands like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth... especially the latter one always picked politics as their central theme, writing songs about religion wars, U.S government, etc. The number of bands that have a political agenda is not that small, but it doesn't change the face of metal as a whole. Even thrash metal has escapist facettes that you see in all the other genres. For examples, unlike Punk or other cultures they don't offer an alternative to the current system, because Metal doesn't view the world in black&white.

Going back to rap, you could argue that at it's core Rap is about social injustice, especially racial segregation, discrimination, etc. In contrast to metal however, Rap likes to paint the world in black and white, it likes having 2 opposing sides, it is very often a "you vs me" scenario in the lyrics. And yes, there is plenty of songs that don't fall into that category, take "lose yourself" for exmaple, or many other of Eminem's songs. They're about his personal life. That doesn't change the core of Rap. Tracks like "The message" shaped the culture and it is going to stay like that for quite a while probably.

Now, the bad news is that political crises come and go and so do political views, which means that in a couple of decades nobody might be able to relate to the tracks that once formed the Rap culture. It will possibly change, as Jazz or Reggae did, or fade away like Ragtime.

Well the you vs me scenario being common isn't suprising given it's  personalised nature . It's no accident rap battles are a thing. Don't think it's a bad thing tho (not that you're dating that)

Events Attended

This is strange that no one mentioned NF. Very deep lyric. This is the first place from me. 

Events Attended

no love for Mos Def or MF Doom?

Events Attended

#1 asap rocky

#2 asap ferg

#3 jay-z

#4 kendrick

#5 suicide boys (ruby da cherry)

#6 eminem 

all of them not in a particual order cause i like em all!

Events Attended

On 9/21/2017 at 11:10 AM, lor said:

no love for Mos Def or MF Doom?

MF Doom is da shit, I need to listen more to him. And as for Mos Def, I have heard some songs and featured but haven't listened to Black on Both Sides yet :/

Events Attended

1. MF DOOM

2. Earl Sweatshirt

3. Nas

4. Big L

5. Andre 3000

6. JOEY BADA$$

7. Childish Gambino

8. Logic

9. Mos Def

10. Mac Miller

Events Attended

6 hours ago, Razorback said:

1. MF DOOM

2. Earl Sweatshirt

3. Nas

4. Big L

5. Andre 3000

6. JOEY BADA$$

7. Childish Gambino

8. Logic

9. Mos Def

10. Mac Miller

No chance

:wowdoge:

Eminem, tupac, oldkanye, chance, biggie, angel haze, will smith, childish gambini, tablo, and cise star

Edited by Zezette

Events Attended

4 hours ago, Zezette said:

No chance

:wowdoge:

Eminem, tupac, oldkanye, chance, biggie, angel haze, will smith, childish gambini, tablo, and cise star

Sorry! I honestly just forgot Chance. He is so talented. These are mainly just my favorite rappers in order of talent I think. Though, Childish Gambino should be higher. He's crazy.

tenor.gif

Events Attended

10 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Sorry! I honestly just forgot Chance. He is so talented. These are mainly just my favorite rappers in order of talent I think. Though, Childish Gambino should be higher. He's crazy.

tenor.gif

I completely forgot abt lauryn hill augh

• Like 1

Events Attended

1. Ugly God

2. 2 Chainz

3. Post Malone

4. Rich Chigga

5. Gucci Mane

6. Lil Dicky

7. Kendrick Lamar

8. Big Sean

9. Lil Yachty

10. Kanye West

The memiest rappers are the best rappers, but I had too many to list so I gotta give some honourable mentions to my boys B.Rich, A$AP Rocky/Ferg, ScHoolboy Q, Sage, Jay-Z,  J.Cole, Chance the Rapper, Migos, 21 Savage, Project Pat, Childish Gambino, and my main man IceJJFish

Edited by DrPhilandChill

Events Attended

10. Russ

9. Ugly God

8. Schoolboy

7. Chance The Rapper

6. J. Cole

5. Kendrick Lamar

4. Kendrick Lamar

3. Kendrick Lamar

2. Kendrick Lamar

1. Kendrick Lamar

Events Attended

6 hours ago, DrPhilandChill said:

The memiest rappers are the best rappers, but I had too many to list so I gotta give some honourable mentions to my boys B.Rich, A$AP Rocky/Ferg, ScHoolboy Q, Sage, Jay-Z,  J.Cole, Chance the Rapper, Migos, 21 Savage, Project Pat, Childish Gambino, and my main man IceJJFish

i thought memey rappers were like bo burnham?

Events Attended

Just now, DrPhilandChill said:

Most of the memes reside in my top 10 

Afroman smh he's the best rapper.

Events Attended

I don't have a top 10, but Vince Staples, Danny Brown, MF DOOM, Del the Funky Homosapian, Yelawolf, Outkast, and Doomtree are my personal favorites.

Events Attended