Paranoid

whats the first thing you do when you start a new server?

i personally try make rafts to get myself levelled up before i start to build a base

Events Attended

Agreed - start with the basics, and also crafting things in bulk such as spark powder and also narcotic - both of which are very useful early on. 

die possibly then dying with a side of death usually 

• Upvote 1

Events Attended

Bola a low level tera, then punch is unconscious.
Goteem. 

Events Attended

19 hours ago, FennecFoxing said:

Agreed - start with the basics, and also crafting things in bulk such as spark powder and also narcotic - both of which are very useful early on. 

i agree bro everything easier when your max level or close to it

18 hours ago, ScarabKing said:

die possibly then dying with a side of death usually 

with some more death here xD

3 minutes ago, Vintage said:

Bola a low level tera, then punch is unconscious.
Goteem. 

do you do that first or level up to make it easier 

Events Attended

I've spent a ton of time on Ark. Every time I join a new server or start my own single-player server, I like to try and find the perfect spot for my base. That's crucial. When starting, you will want someplace kind of close to water but I recommend not building on like a beach, especially if you're doing PVP.  If you're doing PVP, you'll want to build in a jungle-like area (basically lots of trees) so that you have cover and are hidden from view from people passing by on the beaches.  Once you've got your base area picked out, start small, because you don't want all the trees and resources around you to disappear and expose you before you're ready to take on someone or defend yourself, so try to farm away from your base, too. Beds are important then, so stock up on your means of weapons (spears are suggested but not always a must) and stock up on that hide for a bed. Once you've got your bed down, you're free to tame/do whatever you think you need. Stock up on a ton of narcoberries for smaller tames, transfer to narcotics when possible because they are so so so helpful and always a must-have for various things.

I usually have 4 mortar & pestles to mass-produce, but if you''re playing on a public server the settings probably won't be set high enough for you to really need that many unless you gather just a ton of materials each outting. Sparkpowder doesn't become so important until later in the game, but 1 unit burns longer than 1 unit of wood/thatch so it's nice to have. Like I said previously, narcotics are so important. They are such a huge help when taming, they're almost a necessity unless you want to haul around hundreds upon hundreds of narcoberries (that expire but narcotics don't). When you get to a high enough level to unlock the forge, build a bunch of them (I usually do 8) and farm that metal like cray. Build the smithy as soon as you can along with metal pickaxe and hatchet. Those are the main 2. Others are just luxury but can still be very helpful (like the sickle). 

I noticed someone said to go after a ptera. You won't even be able to craft the saddle for it until level 38 so it does you no good when starting out unless you ask someone to make the saddle for you. 

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me :)

• Upvote 1

Events Attended

Rafts, and find a spot to level. I always go for easy tames first, mostly multi tool dinos.

Events Attended

As a solo player, I start with a 1x1 in the jungle, with a bed. Do a cementing paste run. Then when I get enough metal smelted (abandoned forge and smithy near metal nodes) I make a 4x2 base in the jungle. Then I get a pteranodon and shove him/her into a stone 1x1. Go to scorched earth for pearls, volcano for obsidian, and I usually find . I make c4. The grinding stops there for me (as solo). I just gear up and try to raid from there. I would prioritize PVP and raiding instead of grinding all day for a massive base that's easily spotted. Surprisingly, a base I used to have wasn't found for months, and I was able to get a lot of fun out of it. Remember to make backup bases.

Events Attended

make an axe, pick and spear then find a dilo or dodo to get meat to ensure I dont die of hunger. 

Events Attended

interesting, have the game.... have yet to play it.

Events Attended

Be a dick and KOS it's fun, raid if you have the opportunity

Events Attended

if your solo and on the island go try and make a 1x1 base in the trees there are some trees that are basicly a giant bush that you can fit a 1x1 in there and it will be completely hidden

here is a 1x1 Design

Events Attended

Basic tools, a nice shack and a raft - then hunt for supplies

Events Attended

I collect berries then pick up some dilophosaurus 

Events Attended

Make the starter gear, axe, pickaxe etc punch a few dodo's for meat when needed cook it up then craft up some hats / rafts, then grab some narco get a dilo army going to help me hunt up more meat and slowly move up to raptors.

Events Attended

Its hard man; but leveling up is highest priority. level up melee, so you can extract more resource. You wont be able to properly start taming until you have a safe location to put your dinos. But they would probably die anyways..

Events Attended

I just punch trees and keep dying till I hit lvl 10 and get a boat and start gearing till I can build myself a houseboat

Events Attended

Gather your crew if you have one and then just run straight into bee hives

Ark is all about location use pve to find a good spot then quick base build gets lvls fast

Events Attended

Get eaten by a rex

Events Attended

When i join a new server first thing i usually do is make basic tools and rush to bow and arrows then grind levels with the bow killing dinosaurs and making narcotics or spark powder, Or i die... like a lot.

I always try to find good spot for a base.

Events Attended

level up while building a small shack

Events Attended