Moshay08

Moshay New PC

Moshay08    15

Just ordered all the parts for my new PC.

Case:   Phantecks Enthoo Luxe
Motherboard:   ASUS Prime x299-Deluxe
CPU:   Intel Core i9-7900X Skylake-X
GPU:   ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM:   Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 2666
SDD:   Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2
PSU:   CoolerMaster 1200 Watt Power Supply

CPU will be water cooled by a custom loop EKWB setup.

Super excited to get this system up and going. The waiting game for the Mobo and CPU release on the 26th is going to kill me.

Edited by Moshay08

Events Attended

Xtream    129

Looks impressive.

Hope it arrives soon for you, I remember how eager I was for my PC.

It was delayed by a day & I tried to collect it from the delivery company as depot was near me, they told me it was there but I couldn't collect it unless I had specified that when ordering. I wanted to kill them :P

Events Attended

Moshay08    15
16 minutes ago, Whizzofthenorth said:

Why can't I have that sort of money

Haha I have expensive taste what can I say. My current PC was just as much 5 years ago.

Events Attended

zachattacks    0

gonna overclock or anything even tho that powerful pc?

Events Attended

Moshay08    15
18 hours ago, zachattacks said:

gonna overclock or anything even tho that powerful pc?

Probably won't over clock. No need to put the stress on the system when it doesn't need it.

Events Attended

Xtream    129
6 minutes ago, Moshay08 said:

Probably won't over clock. No need to put the stress on the system when it doesn't need it.

You can always overclock at a later date

Events Attended

Moshay08    15
1 minute ago, Xtream said:

You can always overclock at a later date

True. 

The only reason I'm getting a new PC is because my current system locks up and bsod with the dpc_watchdog violation. I've tried every step that I've found online with no positive results. Sad because it's not a bad PC either.... if it weren't for the bsod I probably wouldn't upgrade for another few years.

Events Attended

Xtream    129
1 minute ago, Moshay08 said:

True. 

The only reason I'm getting a new PC is because my current system locks up and bsod with the dpc_watchdog violation. I've tried every step that I've found online with no positive results. Sad because it's not a bad PC either.... if it weren't for the bsod I probably wouldn't upgrade for another few years.

That's a shame.

Events Attended

Retribution    8

Dude, I have the Entho Luxe case and let me tell you. Best case I have ever owned, bar none!!! I would highly highly recommend outfitting the case with only Phantek fans or Corsair magnetic levitation fans for cooling. The Phantek fans are awesome and very very quiet. I did just recently switch over to the Magnetic Levitation Fans to give them a try but they are a little louder than the Phantek Fans. One more thing. If you decide to get the LED Strip to put inside the case for ascetics, throw away the 3m adhesive strips if provided, they're garbage! Instead go to a Home Depot and but a Velcro kit and hand cut your strips and apply them to the LED strip and inside the case. It can't be seen but it holds up way better under the heat. 

Great Choice on cases. You'll love it!!!

Edited by Retribution
Wanted to add photo

Events Attended

Retribution    8

Not the greatest pic but this is my rig inside an Enthoo Luxe

Events Attended

Retribution    8

One question regarding your new build. Why did you decide to go with the i9 series processor? Not to put a damper on things but most of the reviews on the processor are pretty negative in terms of the actual design. They likened it to a cash grab for Intel before the newer AMD comes out. 

Events Attended

Moshay08    15

I've read the reviews, but wanted to find out for myself. I'll post a picture of my system when i get all the parts and put it together!

People say that it was just a cash grab before the new AMD's launch, but the specs are better than any other processor out right now. Besides i'm really not a big fan of AMD.

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-7900x-review-cpu-gaming-oc-performance/

Edited by Moshay08
added review url

Events Attended

Retribution    8

The specs are definitely nice on that processor. Are you also doing video editing on the side? Your future proofed the system for quite some time with that build. One thing, make sure the fan hub controller on the case is working properly. They had to resend me a new controller hub because it failed out of the box. Not a huge inconvenience because of all the fan controller built into the motherboard, the controller hub merely makes it possible to have as clean of a build as possible by concealing all the wiring behind the motherboard.  One last question. How are you cooling the processor? I went from an H80i GT Rev 2 to an H100 and placed the intake at the front of the case. works great.

Events Attended

Moshay08    15

EKWB Custom Loop Water Cooling for the CPU and a 3 thermaltake fans will be my cooling solution. I had a Corsair H100 on my current system and I wanted to try out a custom loop this time.

Events Attended

Retribution    8

I would highly recommend getting the Phantek 140's if you're going to use all three slots at the top. It comes with 3 x 140's and a 200 in the front. The reason I mention using the Phantek Fans is simply that they are QUIET! I ran my H100 to the front of the case with a push/pull using 4 mag lev corsairs this recent update. They are nice but still not as quiet as the Phantek's.  Definitely, post a pick when you are done, and look into the Phantek LED strip. There is a plug already built into the front panel that runs along the top back side of the motherboard tray. It's a perfect length to connect to the LED strip without wiring having to show. I'll reconnect mine again. I failed to remember that after installing the new fans on the H100 and blocked access to the front panel connection so I will save that for another day.

Events Attended

OverwatchTho    157

Jesus dude, that things a beast! This is the one I just bought and it's coming Wednesday, can't wait!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGXDXZF/ref=psdc_13896597011_t1_B01MT0792S

Events Attended

+Frosty    268
On 6/23/2017 at 11:31 PM, Moshay08 said:

Super excited to get this system up and going. The waiting game for the Mobo and CPU release on the 26th is going to kill me.

i will tell you a secret. You could have threesome or more for that price. :TrollFace:

Edited by Frosty

Events Attended

Retribution    8

I have the Samsung 950 Pro 512, but the new 960 are almost twice as fast. Want one badly. Your about to enter Beast Mode

Events Attended

Michael    0

oh crap,my pc is a toaster compare to that ahahaha,But not like Intel that Much O.o Am Hopping to get  a Ryzen Gaming pc Soon :)

Events Attended

Retribution    8

If his system gets any more powerful, the US will take N. Korea off of sanctions and put them on him and his system. 

Events Attended

+Alumii    18
On 6/23/2017 at 5:31 PM, Moshay08 said:

I have to ask what exactly are you planning to do with such a beastly machine? Are you doing content creation? I would love to see it once it is put together. I am planning to build a new machine for myself and turn my current one (i5 6600k, 16g DDR Fury X memory, 1070 video card) into an HTPC. Debating on going either Ryzen or Intel I7 since I do stream and may get into some video editing possibly. 

Events Attended

Moshay08    15

Pictures from my build....

Spoiler

4Jc3kcyl.jpg

PzSCM4Hl.jpg

owpYJu0l.jpg

Final Product...

Spoiler

B8oZquAl.jpg

16 hours ago, Alumii said:

I have to ask what exactly are you planning to do with such a beastly machine? Are you doing content creation? I would love to see it once it is put together. I am planning to build a new machine for myself and turn my current one (i5 6600k, 16g DDR Fury X memory, 1070 video card) into an HTPC. Debating on going either Ryzen or Intel I7 since I do stream and may get into some video editing possibly. 

I have a degree in 3D Modeling so it's not just for gaming.

Edited by Moshay08

Events Attended

Retribution    8

That is one sexy beast! Awesome build Moshay. So I have to ask what your overall opinion is of the Phanteks Case? I mentioned in the thread above that I have the same exact case and it is by far the best case I have ever owned. When I decide to do another build I already have my eye set on this Phanteks case. Enjoy.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Elite.html

Events Attended