BDSally

Pantheon Tier List

8 posts in this topic

Pantheon tier list

These are only general outlines for pantheons and not civ specific. For example, Dance of the Aurora may be helpful to Russia and same with sacred path to Brazil. However, this tier list ignores starting biases as otherwise there would be too many variations.

Strong tier

Medium tier

Low Tier

 

God of the Open Sky

+1 Culture from Pastures.

Divine Spark

+1 Great Person point from Holy Site (Prophet), Campus (Scientist), and Theater Square (Writer) districts.

God of the Forge

+25% Production toward Ancient and Classical military units.

 

 

Sacred Path

Holy Site districts get +1 Faith from adjacent Rainforest tiles.

God of the Sea

+1 Production from Fishing Boats.

Stone Circles

+2 Faith from Quarries.

Lady of the Reeds and Marshes

+1 Production from Marsh, Oasis, and Floodplains.

Dance of the Aurora

Holy Site districts get +1 Faith from adjacent Tundra tiles.

Desert Folklore

Holy Site districts get +1 Faith from adjacent Desert tiles.

River Goddess

+1 Amenity to cities if they have a Holy Site district adjacent to a River.

Goddess of the Hunt

+1 Food from Camps.

Fertility Rites

City growth rate is 10% higher.

Religious Idols

+1 Faith from Mines over Luxury and Bonus resources.

God of the Craftsmen

+1 Production from Mines over Strategic resources.

Goddess of Festivals

+1 Food from Wine, Incense, Cocoa, Tobacco, Coffee, and Tea Plantations.

Oral Tradition

+1 Culture from Banana, Citrus, Cotton, Dyes, Silk, Spices, and Sugar Plantations.

Initiation Rites

+50 Faith for each Barbarian Outpost cleared.

God of Healing

Increases Healing by +30 in your Holy Site district, or any adjacent tiles.

Religious Settlements

Border expansion rate is 15% faster.

Goddess of the Harvest

Harvesting a resource or removing a feature receives Faith equal to the other yield's quantity.

God of War

Bonus Faith equal to 50% of the strength of each enemy unit killed within 8 tiles of a Holy Site district you own

 

The pantheons that are very situational in the weak tier (meaning they could even be strong tier) include:

  • Dance of the Aurora
  • Desert Folklore
  • Fertility Rites
  • Religious Settlements
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended

I like how almost all of the choices are in the "weak" tier, haha. I felt the same back when I played, most pantheons are just not very good.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended
23
23
8
15

3 hours ago, Beravin said:

I like how almost all of the choices are in the "weak" tier, haha. I felt the same back when I played, most pantheons are just not very good.

Its sad but yeah without the mod theres not too many good options. Luckily since the games are limited to 6 people most of the time (or else theres just crashes for days), most people can get a decent pantheon or are in a position to be at an advantage with a situational one. Of course in the mod (which i hope there to be a tier list for after its official release) there is a completely different meta in terms of good and bad pantheons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended

This is a great start!  Thank you, BDSally.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended
3
2
2
4

On 6/12/2017 at 2:40 PM, BDSally said:

Its sad but yeah without the mod theres not too many good options. Luckily since the games are limited to 6 people most of the time (or else theres just crashes for days), most people can get a decent pantheon or are in a position to be at an advantage with a situational one. Of course in the mod (which i hope there to be a tier list for after its official release) there is a completely different meta in terms of good and bad pantheons.

Will you be creating guides for the mod after or upon release for the changed meta? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended

10 hours ago, DaTCiVGuY said:

Will you be creating guides for the mod after or upon release for the changed meta? 

I will probably be doing them a little while after release so that any changes dont affect the guides as much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended

11 hours ago, BDSally said:

I will probably be doing them a little while after release so that any changes dont affect the guides as much

Do we have an idea of when the mods coming out for release?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Events Attended