BambooJunky

new player

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys :D

i'm gonna start playing Hearthstone, is there anything i need to know? any tips?

thx for your help :D

Events Attended

1 hour ago, BambooJunky said:

i'm gonna start playing Hearthstone, is there anything i need to know? any tips?

playing against other people is a pain unless you buy a bunch of packs

the pull rates of the newest expansion is terrible

Events Attended

try and get good at arena. If you can consistently get 5 wins, you will be able to catch up on your lack of pcks. Also buy the $5 beginner bundle if you really want to get into the game as it helps you get started

Events Attended

Get packs = lose money

Events Attended

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Get packs = lose money

thats sounds scary xD
so whats the best pack?

Events Attended

4 minutes ago, BambooJunky said:

thats sounds scary xD
so whats the best pack?

Get them ALL!!! loll

Events Attended

5 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Get them ALL!!! loll

ye pokemon is the best, but i'm talking about hearthstone xD

i like dinos, this new pack looks fun tbh

Events Attended

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, BambooJunky said:

ye pokemon is the best, but i'm talking about hearthstone xD

i like dinos, this new pack looks fun tbh

yeah, it does have some pretty strong cards and introduced quests, but again the pull rate is terrible 

Edited by PrincessRex

Events Attended

Honestly, I know it's a ton of money up front, but get the adventures. At the very least get the most recent one where the cards are still usable in Standard. You will get the hang of the game and it's a lot more fun than starting the ranked grind. If you want to progress up the ladder you basically have to conform to the meta which can be found here:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/

Of course the top decks have expensive ledgendaries, probably the cheapest decks you can use to stay competitive are the new FaceHunter and SecretMage. 

Make sure you level up a character to 30 (or which ever level it is) as fast as possible so that you can pay the weekly brawls that come out on Wednesday. You can easily finish your daily quests through the brawls instead of regular matches and get gold. In the beginning I'd suggest spending an equal amount on basic packs and the latest expansion. 

Events Attended

On 13/06/2017 at 7:09 PM, Annihilatrix said:

Honestly, I know it's a ton of money up front, but get the adventures. At the very least get the most recent one where the cards are still usable in Standard. You will get the hang of the game and it's a lot more fun than starting the ranked grind. If you want to progress up the ladder you basically have to conform to the meta which can be found here:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/

Of course the top decks have expensive ledgendaries, probably the cheapest decks you can use to stay competitive are the new FaceHunter and SecretMage. 

Make sure you level up a character to 30 (or which ever level it is) as fast as possible so that you can pay the weekly brawls that come out on Wednesday. You can easily finish your daily quests through the brawls instead of regular matches and get gold. In the beginning I'd suggest spending an equal amount on basic packs and the latest expansion. 

hey thanks thats a nice help :D in the adventures there are good cards right?

Events Attended

4 hours ago, BambooJunky said:

hey thanks thats a nice help :D in the adventures there are good cards right?

Yeah, but you can only use the two most recent in Standard. So maybe don't waste the money on the past ones. Right now I guess only One Night in Karazhan is in standard. You can get all those deets on the Wikipedia page for which ones are relevant and when they expire.

Events Attended

just start off with the ai until you get a good deck lots of searching up to see what cards are good with what

Events Attended

On 6/9/2017 at 7:48 AM, BambooJunky said:

As a new player I'd highly suggest you start off by throwing a small amount of cash at the game, roughly six thousand dollars, then practice crying yourself to sleep at night. It helps xD

Events Attended

On 20/06/2017 at 1:02 AM, DaTCiVGuY said:

As a new player I'd highly suggest you start off by throwing a small amount of cash at the game, roughly six thousand dollars, then practice crying yourself to sleep at night. It helps xD

xD lmao... i've been playing and i see what you mean! xD

Events Attended