Krill

Do you think supporting is fun now?

36 posts in this topic

Honestly, I've always had fun when supporting my team, as long as my adc wasn't feeding them, trying to break the record of how many times he could suicide before the 20-minute mark. Really, I never minded the fact that I didn't have as much items as long as I was being useful. Most of the time I prefer to play with utility based supports and tanks such as Soraka, Janna, Alistar and Taric, more aggressive supports such as lux or malzahar aren't really my thing.

I liked how they updated the support items, I like the new mechanics they received (relic shield line is buffed yus). I do also like the new items, mainly the changes to GA and adc items, since it's my second favorite role to play (what's this? Playing both of the most unpopular roles? What a freaking hipster), as well as the new items seem to give more utility in general.

I really like how this mid-season is going, it's almost as if it's exactly the changes I want! Crazy stuff.

Anyways, what are your opinions about it all?

Events Attended

I can't help but remember season 2, and it makes me give a resounding yes. They've really tried to make the role enjoyable and more importantly impactful. I think Support is in a good place. 

Events Attended

As a Support main, I really like the impact this season. Support is a vital position and not an afterthought

Events Attended

Within the past two seasons I've picked up support (mainly because i'm tired of my support feeding since i'm an adc main) and I can honestly say they've greatly improved the role and it has become much more fun.

Events Attended

I'm enjoying the mid-season, though the new spin on the support items.. It's indifferent to me. I've never minded having to support, so it's just like a little bonus. 

As long as I win the game, it's a good time lol

Events Attended

back when I still played league seriously, I had a great time playing support, especially if I knew my ADC. Securing kills and helping the team is a great feeling. (biased coming from a support main in almost every game)

Events Attended

Ever since they first implemented gold incentives for supports, supporting was more fun. These quest items are a good touch too.

Events Attended

I like supporting, taking the damage, and helping get my ADC fed.

Events Attended

On 5/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, BootyDukes said:

Ever since they first implemented gold incentives for supports, supporting was more fun. These quest items are a good touch too.

Yeh I remember the Season 2 Support days, end game with like a 20th the gold, 1 item, and 3-4 levels below everyone, not fun =\

Events Attended

1 hour ago, Zanzier said:

Yeh I remember the Season 2 Support days, end game with like a 20th the gold, 1 item, and 3-4 levels below everyone, not fun =\

And leaving two spaces available in your inventory for just buying green and pink wards .__.

Events Attended

It's fun supporting, helping out your teammates :D

Events Attended

Supporting is good.. But I dont like the fact that you get one shot late game xD

On 16/05/2017 at 0:22 PM, Rem said:

Supporting is good.. But I dont like the fact that you get one shot late game xD

Adc can also get one shot easily

Events Attended

2 hours ago, Rem said:

Yeah that kinda is the bad thing :(

Events Attended

Lol doesn't matter to me I'll still pick thresh sup xD 

Events Attended

Absolutely, supports are like 5th carries now, and honestly you can do a whole bunch of really creative stuff in that position you might not be able to pull off elsewhere 

Events Attended

Ive always found support to be fun. But now support is more impactful and has a much better chance to do usefull things like any other carry.

Events Attended

More fun than before but still some problems

Events Attended

7 minutes ago, TacoboyMC said:

More fun than before but still some problems

It's funny, before, whenever I used the fill-in feature in my solo queue I would get as a support, and rarely would I be placed as anything but sup. Recently I've been put in anything but support...

Events Attended

I still seem to get support whenever it is in my primary or secondary role... I don't hate the role thought but I hate that if I want to use it as a secondary role I will have to play it way too often.

Events Attended

I main support, either thresh or morgana... The one tough thing i've found, especially in bronze xD is that unless you have a good ADC it's pointless to try and support.

Events Attended

I've always found the Support position to be integral to a team's success and always found it fun (then again I like playing off-meta picks at Support). 

It's all a matter in how you go about playing and there is a few ways to go about it, all of which have merit and you'll need to delve into each of them at one point or another to climb in Ranked.

Events Attended

To me supporting is only fun if I have a reliable adc.

Events Attended

Posted (edited)

Support is my favorite roll i play it almost exclusively because i dont have to try and fight anyone in solo q for it. Playing support is a rush imo, being able to not carry a team in damage or tower kills but by enabling your ally's to do those things with ease...thats my kinda role.

Edited by ZeekUma

Events Attended

I have had fun with support for years. It is a lot more powerful and diverse right now though. The amount of roles you can play from the position is nice. The only thing you can't fill for your team really is some kind of ad carry threat unless you go unconventional and snowball out of control. 

Events Attended