Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaceUp

Learning CS:GO

9 posts in this topic

I have played CS:GO on and off in the past but do not have a lot of overall time in the game. I only know two people personally that play it and they do not play all the time. I mostly play on dust 2 and mirage with a couple games occasionally on inferno. I'm still trying to figure out the call outs and stuff for each map and grenade locations. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice and or direction on where I could go to work on that. And wondering if anyone has found any good workshops to help me practice and get better.

Best way to learn the games is by playing, I have over 4000+ hours combined in source and cs:go and I will tell you, it is a process. For learning smokes and nades I would recommend you what Adren or Dazed/Steel. They are ex-pros and pros who do tutorials of all kinds in the games. From reading plays to nade tutorials.

4 hours ago, TheStudiousCow said:

Best way to learn the games is by playing, I have over 4000+ hours combined in source and cs:go and I will tell you, it is a process. For learning smokes and nades I would recommend you what Adren or Dazed/Steel. They are ex-pros and pros who do tutorials of all kinds in the games. From reading plays to nade tutorials.

I agree with most of that except for watching steel's videos since they aren't very beginner friendly.

@LaceUpIf your gameplay flaws are as basic as they sound, make sure you sand those down pretty quickly. Watch videos and learn callouts especially the large and important ones, you can learn the specific and hard ones later on. Try to learn a couple of smokes for each map, but since I'm assuming you're low rank don't worry about knowing nades too much yet. Every map does have some really basic and helpful nades that everyone should know and require almost no time to learn, though, so look into those for the maps you enjoy.

Unfortunately the best advice is the advice that everybody hates to hear which is just play and keep playing and you'll pick things up from your teammates pretty quickly (especially if you queue with some people from DI, there are plenty of players at low ranks and plenty of players willing to help you learn). 

Try and learn the basic spray control for at least the AK and M4, too. Try looking at some of this guide from Zero https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3anjtd/how_to_train_your_aim_by_the_16_yo_semipro/

As for workshop maps, search for the nade training maps and run through them for your favourites and any new map you're interested in learning. There's also a link to an aim map that Zero used in the link above.

Overall, though, just have as much fun as possible. You'll improve as a player most of all if you grind out games, so make sure you're having fun when doing it or you'll end up burning out pretty fast. Good luck on improving, everyone can do it with enough effort ^^

Events Attended

Alright guys, i'll definitely check it out. I've only used a few workshops but ill probably keep looking for some. I know I just need to spend time playing the game but I play quite a few games so I don't spend "a lot " of time on it. And I watched a video about "bad flashes" compared to "good flashes" and peeking so I am slowly learning.

Well you should definetely spend Alot of time warming up. The way i got better was practicing against bots in aim maps then switched to deathmatches then after a few months i didn't need warmup after any comp game at all.

Events Attended

I highly suggest to not play Mirage that often. Mirage is very team based map sadly there is no team in SoloQ=)))

Highly suggest try Workshops to practice aim and reaction, some workshop maps will teach you how to use smokes and etc.

Events Attended

Just grind aim maps and deathmatch servers. Then you can learn gamesense in comp matches.

Events Attended

Hey LaceUp! Like many have said, it's a time process. Play and learn from your mistakes, watch demos,  watch adrenTV and other pro tips on maps and strategies, and MOST IMPORTANT, the one that helped me most is watch pro games. You have a lot to learn from them. 

If you want me to coach you, feel free to HMU

Watch a bit of warowl to learn the mechanics and then practice

Events Attended

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0