Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreatJackal

**UPDATE**Structural Changes & Promotions

33 posts in this topic

shieldhq1-281x300.png

UPDATE:

I have updated this overnight, because I think it needed simplifying, as well as the most important aspect of HQ staffing: contingency for when someone is away. I hope this makes more sense to everyone now!

--------

I would usually write this on our main DI homepage, but because it contains some information for you guys only, I wont.

In light of our recent expansion as a clan, and in line with the mid April announcement of bringing back some of the shelved ranks, I have modified our structure to ensure that Divisions and Members have the proper support needed to flourish.
When it was just 4 Divisions (1st, 2nd, 8th and Community), it was quite easy for myself and @CindersKnight to handle it all.

However since we now have an additional 2 Divisions, as well as another almost on the way (Black Desert Online Venture), it has become appropriate to expand the number of positions in HQ in support of all this growth.

New Structure (Click To Enlarge)

structurenew.png

Remember the Division Structure is just a guide, some Divisions may have only 2 teams, some may have 5+. Its all dependent on the game its in and the allocation for that Division.

Officer Rank & Position Changes

This will be placed in a flow-chart to make it easier to understand, but essentially:

All new officers start at Lieutenant (whether its a Team Leader or Administrative role), unless they have previous noteworthy officer experience within DI.

Command and Leadership Path
Lieutenant -> Captain* -> Commander -> General* -> Director -> Chancellor -> Leader

Administrative and Support Path
Lieutenant -> Marshal* -> Vice* -> Director -> Chancellor -> Leader

* = These ranks are granted on performance/merit/achievement.

This is so those in various officer ranks can have an idea of how it all fits together and the path to leadership (if they are ambitious and skilled enough).

There can be cross-over eg. you can go from Lieutenant Team Leader, to Captain Team Leader (which are both Command), then across to the Administrative path as a Marshal in a Division or HQ Staff Officer role, then back to a Command Position etc.

You will note with this, Marshal is not used in Command, as its an Administrative role only. Captain from this point is a Command only role, so Lieutenants in Administrative positions who have enough experience and performed well will go straight to Marshal.

What if you cbf being an officer? Well then dont worry about any of this and just go crush souls ingame for the glory of DI  :emosdlav6:

New HQ Positions Description

This information will be added to the Officer Charter very shortly.

- Position: Chief of Staff
- Eligible Ranks: Chancellor
- Key Responsibilities:
1. Lead DI in the Leader's absence
2. Head of Clan Administration - eg. Oversee, all the HQ Administrative functions and officers responsible for them, such as Applications, Activity, Ludus Magnum, Officer Training etc
3. Ensure HQ administrative positions are filled by suitably trained officers
4. Mentor and guide HQ administrative officers as needed.

- Position: Deputy Chief of Staff
- Eligible Ranks: Director
- Key Responsibilities:
1. Lead DI in the Leader and Chief of Staff's absence
2. Deputy Head of Clan Administration - eg. Assist in overseeing, all the HQ Administrative functions and officers responsible for them, such as Applications, Activity, Ludus Magnum, Officer Training etc
3. Ensure HQ administrative positions are filled by suitably trained officers
4. Mentor and guide HQ administrative officers as needed.

- Position: Chief Justice
- Eligible Ranks: Director
- Key Responsibilities:
1. 1. Lead DI in the Leader and Chief of Staff's absence
2. Head of Justice- eg. Oversee the management of the Justice System (such as Strike/Blacklist Appeals)
This includes:
--a. Checking the justice email everyday to ensure all appeals are processed immediately.
--b. Act as the chair of the Justice Team (consisting of yourself and the Justice's) to reach a judgment on the appeal cases.
--c. Responsible for ensuring the judgments are enforced.
3. Head of Conflict Resolution- eg. Oversee the mediation of internal disputes.

- Position: HQ Administrative Staff Officers
- Eligible Ranks: Vice, Marshal, Lieutenant
- Key Administrative Areas:
---HQ Recruitment Team
---Initiate Managers
---Gate Keepers
---Activity Managers

---Officer Trainers
---Compliance Team

- Key Responsibilities:

1. Run and manage an administrative area within DI HQ in accordance with the Code of Ops and direction from the Chief of Staff.
2. Liaise regularly with Division Officers and act as the link between DI HQ and Division Officers.

- Position: Justice
- Eligible Ranks: Vice
- Key Responsibilities:
1. Form part of the Justice Team in DI to collectively process Strike/Blacklist Appeals.

--a. Checking the DI.inquiries email everyday to ensure all appeals are processed immediately.
--b. Assist in mediating internal conflict in the Divisions.
--c. Help ensure that judgement outcomes are enforced and/or executed.

Promotions
(I will add these to the End of Month public announcement as well)

@CindersKnight on appointment to Chancellor Chief of Staff of DI HQ
Cinders was already the Chief of Staff of Damage Inc. However his portfolio has grown with the clan, and ultimately he is responsible for ensuring all of the HQ functions are operational and in smooth working order. This frees the Leader to focus on working with Commanders / Generals to drive clan strategy through the Divisions. Congrats on Chancellor though Cinders.

@Shand on appointment to Director Deputy Chief of Staff of DI HQ
Shand has been with Damage Inc for a very long time. He has served in various administrative appointments and has maintained an exceptional record of Activity Management in the clan. After his long and unquestioned dedication and wisdom of Damage Inc, he has a lot to offer the members of this clan and its therefore my pleasure to appoint him to the leadership ranks of the Clan.

@Saniagh on appointment as Commander of 1st Division

@Jammychgo on appointment as Commander of 2nd Division

@LLR on appointment as Commander of 3rd Division

@Nom on appointment as Vice Justice of DI HQ

@Kronos on appointment as Vice Justice of DI HQ

@WPCom on appointment as Vice Officer Training of DI HQ

@jtmedic on appointment as Marshal Initiate Manager of  DI HQ  :wutwutwut::sad_frog:  sorry you were left off champ!

All Administrative Captains are appointed by default Marshals in accordance with the structure.

Events Attended

I have some suggestions about this, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks to present them

Events Attended

I have some suggestions about this, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks to present them

Keen to hear them :)

Events Attended

I just woke up, saw the lime green text in the recent topics and saw this, skimmed it and said done. I'll re-read everything in detail after I've had my coffee. xD

Events Attended

I just woke up, saw the lime green text in the recent topics and saw this, skimmed it and said done. I'll re-read everything in detail after I've had my coffee. xD

Coffee is always useful in the art of walls of text.

Events Attended

Coffee is like the thing everyone needs except me to wake up XD

Events Attended

Wow forgot about me.  Its ok.

Events Attended

Awwwwww

Events Attended

RIP white mage.

Events Attended

RIP white mage.

lol

Events Attended

:emo-FACE: fml

Fixed!  :e565168:

Events Attended

Congratulations everyone

Events Attended

wow congrats all !

Events Attended

Beautiful. This format and additional info is a lot clearer and more complete than what we had before. Easier to understand with a bit of study, and all the information is in one place.

Events Attended

Soo, no retired leaders?

Events Attended

Seems pretty good that the set-up is more precise.

The thing on the side that shows the ranking officers also doesn't show JT XD or any other junior officer. If that's intentional or not I don't know

Events Attended

I told Cinders he should become Chancellor just a few days ago lol

Congrats y'all!

Looks good, GJ!

Events Attended

I told Cinders he should become Chancellor just a few days ago lol

Congrats y'all!

Looks good, GJ!

EwoCkHv.gif

Events Attended

i was wonderen how u move up in this group that makes it easy

Events Attended

Soo, no retired leaders?

Oh they are still there :P for when they are really retired.

Awesome. Thanks GJ

:byebyebye:

The thing on the side that shows the ranking officers also doesn't show JT XD or any other junior officer. If that's intentional or not I don't know

Speak to @WPCom about it

EwoCkHv.gif

:emosdlav6:

Events Attended