air7walk

How do I get a pokemon with Hidden Power - Fire?

6 posts in this topic

Trying to give my Glaceon Hidden Power [Fire] - I haven't been able to get the IVs correct.  I've come up with Bug and Dragon so far.  :(   Help!!

Maybe @EviLazwill know a way to influence this, but I'm not aware of any quick fixes for this. Just takes a lot of breeding!

Events Attended

The Serebii article is good, but it also has information from the previous generations. For Gen 6 and 7, Hidden Power isn't as complicated. Since Hidden Power is now base power 60 regardless of IV combinations, you don't have to worry too much about getting specific IV combinations for maximum damage. I find this link helpful, since it has a list of IV combinations: http://3dspedia.com/iv-spreads-hidden-power-types-pokemon-xy/.

Hidden Power Fire requires the SpAtk and Speed IVs to be 30 or even numbered. Considering you've been getting Bug and Dragon, the parents you are using (I'm assuming you're breeding) probably have perfect or odd IVs in SpAtk and/or Speed. I'd look into that first and make adjustments accordingly. For HP Fire, I prefer getting 31/E/31/30/31/30, where E=even number IV.  Other than that, I can't think of any specific shortcuts and RNG will always be there. I'm probably missing a ton of detail, but I have bred for some of the Hidden Power types in the past and find Fire one of the trickier types to get.

Hope this was of some help to you!

Edited by jolteonization

Very helpful!  Let me try it out!!